Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

European Union - European Social Fund European Funding Network

Personal tools

You are here: Home / Funding / Funding opportunities and deadlines / Access to employment: Tees Valley

Access to employment: Tees Valley

Deadline: 22 May 2015 09:00 (10:00 CET) | Value: £250,000 (min), Discretionary | Area: North East

Match funding restrictions

The maximum European Social Fund (ESF) intervention rate (how much the ESF can contribute to the project) is 60%. The remaining 40% or more must come from other eligible sources.

Funding amount

Applications should be for a minimum of £250,000 total programme costs (ESF £150,000 grant and £100,000 match funding local contribution).

Please note that the preference according to the call specification is to award large funding agreements which  can include a consortium approach from providers. For this particular ‘wrap around’ programme, bids are expected to be more likely to be for a minimum of £500,000

Geographical area

The project must cover all of the Tees Valley Local Enterprise Partnership area as detailed in the call specification. Providers will be expected to have locally based provision operating within communities in each of the five Boroughs within Tees Valley

Scope of Activity

This call aims to address the shortfalls above. Under this investment priority European Social Fund will support the Operational Programme objective of: Sustainable integration into the labour market of young people (YEI) (Investment Priority 1.3)

See the Operational Programme for the European Social Fund for more information

Note that all projects will need to address the Tees Valley LEP European Investment and Structural Funds Strategy

How to apply

Register by sending an email to

Put ‘Register to apply for ESIF’ in the subject line and include in the email:

  • full name
  • full name of your organisation
  • email address
  • phone number (including extension)

If you’re already registered, you can make your outline application right away.

Contact details

More information can be found on the GOV.UK website

If you have a question, contact Call reference number OC34S15P0037