Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

European Union - European Social Fund European Funding Network

Personal tools

You are here: Home / Funding / Funding opportunities and deadlines / Access to employment: project call in the Black Country

Access to employment: project call in the Black Country

Deadline: 22 May 2015 09:00 (10:00 CET) | Value: £50,000 (min), Discretionary | Area: West Midlands

Match funding restrictions

Applicants will need to have eligible match funding for the balance of costs which must be from a source other than from the EU.

The European Social Fund can contribute up to 66.66% of the total eligible costs, subject to State Aid regulations. The remaining 33.34% or more must come from other eligible sources.

For all outline applications proof of match funding will need to be supplied as part of the assessment.

Local need in the Black Country LEP area

Projects need to add value to existing provision for those individuals aged between 15 and 24 who are NEET.

Examples of the kind of themes that this call supports are:

  • Work Experience and Work Related Learning and Enterprise activities
  • Good quality impartial 1:1 guidance pre and post 16.
  • Early Intervention - Analysis of school cohort to determine which young people may not make an effective post 16/17 transition.
  • Planned Progression / Improving Employability and Basic Skills.
  • Financial incentives

Note that activities must support individuals. They cannot support structures or systems.


Young people who live in the Black Country and who are identified as Not in Education Employment or Training (NEET) between age 15-24. In addition,  individuals aged 25-29 may be covered once the Operational Programme has been adopted.

See Eligibility rules for the 2014-2020 European Social Fund

Application Procedure

Completed Outline Applications must be submitted via the LOGASnet system. Please note that Applicants will require a user ID and password in order to access the LOGASnet system which may take up to 10 days to be received.

Details on how to register are on the GOV.UK website.

There are two stages to the ESF application process; Outline Application and if successful, Full Application.

Download the Call Specification

See the Black Country ESIF Strategy

Contact details

If you have a question, contact

Call reference number: OC01S15P0032